1.1 Interview with our English teacher, Heidi Rajaniemi
Why did you choose to study English?
- I was more interested in Maths and Physics in high school, and I had plans to start studying Biochemistry. I wanted to take a gap year by studying something completely different so I chose English. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to continue with it.
What do you think about our project Water is life?
- I think it's a great opportunity for students to find out more about foreign cultures and also practise their English. It's probably going to be a memory of high schol that everyone involved in the project will remember the best.
Do you drink water from the tap or do you use bottled water?
- I drink from the tap, of course. Most Finns do that.
Which way of using the water is the most important to you?
- I think that everything connected with water is important, from drinking it to taking showers. We couldn't survive without it.
What do you think are the most important things that the students involved in the project will get from it?
- They get to learn more about different cultures, make new friends and find speaking English easier.
Editor(s): Editor in Chief
Modified: 7.5.2003 14:41