Areas to be investigated are:
1. Types of waste and ‘historical’ methods of disposal to include domestic including transport and sewage, commercial and industrial waste including agricultural; landfill, fly tipping, disposal into water, etc.
2. Problems associated with disposal, such as loss of resources, pollution of land water and air and the effects on habitats and communities, running out of suitable landfill sites, visual intrusion.
3. ‘Zero waste’ option. Recycle, reuse, reduce; effluent treatment (including recycled products
4. Local waste management. Look at waste management in local area to include domestic, industrial and commercial.
5. Comparison with other countries