My experience in using technology in my guidance practise
Antigoni Mertika-EKEP 25.05.2009 14:54
My experience from using ICT was mainly focused on searching and retrieving information on the following topics from the Internet:
a/ educational opportunities, especially University departments and post-graduate studies
b/professional rights and licensing
c/Technical education and post-secondary education (specialisations and entry requirements)
The practical use of ICT in my work related to the following:
Papacharisis Spiros 31.05.2009 19:50
The practical use of ICT in my work related to the following:
i. Search and retrieve information from the Internet on:
• Documents of public interest relating to education in all its structures (laws, circulars, etc.)
• Studies in Higher Education (Universities, curricula, professional rights, etc.)
ii. Production of single and multi-media presentations to inform students, parents and teachers of schools on issues related to career guidance opportunities - choices in the various education levels.
iii. Contact via the intranet network «Nestoras» to School Career Guidance Offices and the Centers for Counseling and Guidance in the country.
iv. Videoconference with isolated educational units for group counseling and information to students.
v. Use of DTP software to produce printed materials.
vi. Use of questioners software tools for the investigation of the occupational interests, professional values and professional self-esteem of the students.
vii. Development and management of my office’s web portal which is related to Career Guidance. (http://gym-ammoch.flo.sch.gr/grasep)
My name is Vasiliki Derizioti, and I am working as a Vocational Counsellor in KESYP OF CYCLADES in Syros Island.
1. In my daily guidance practice I use technology in order to:
a. Take/ send mails
b. Be informed via internet research
c. Communicate via Nestor programme with colleagues of all Public Hellenic organisational Structures of Counseling and Guidance , such as “KESYP”(Centre of Counseling and Guidance ” located in the Centre of every Region and “GRASEP” (Bureau of Educational and Vocational Guidance) located in several lyceums in every Region.
d. Make presentations in PowerPoint form in order to use them in informing day classes for students or student’s parents.
e. Inform, during counselling process, students and parents via presentations and internet research about the educational and employment challenges (options after college and after lyceum, studies, employment trends by broad sector)
f. Use personality tests during the procession of self-consciousness as a way of deducting useful results for the student’s personality.
g. Keep data after interviewing students
Future challenges in the use of technology in guidance in Greek context
DERIZIOTI Vasiliki 01.06.2009 11:15
The challenges I am facing at the moment are related to the available tools in order to:
a. Implant a formal interactive network programme for communicating with students for educational purposes during a counseling period (which implies that students are having free Internet access from school and from home.)
b. Establish high quality educational software referring to Career Guidance. Students could be trained via interactive programs for acquiring skills such as searching and proceeding information, decision making, educational and vocational planning, life long learning
c. Create a network programme providing alternatives for educational or vocational training. I am referring to a programme where the student or the counsellor after expressing his wish or decision for an option, orientation of studies or employment, the system (software or hardware) could indicate some alternatives. Example: a student concludes after a counselling process that he is interested in assuming a career as a counsellor. By pointing this to the computer programme, he can find all the University departments and private schools in Greece for this purpose. As simple as it seams, it is not that obvious in this country
Use of tech in Career Counseling Centre of Larissa
Batala Konstantina 01.06.2009 21:46
The use of ICT in Kesyp of Larissa regard the already mentioned actions, such as:
-search and retrieve of information
-students questionaires of interests, working values, mechanical abilities, mathematic abilities and self efficacy.
-creation of electronic tools for a variety of career counseling procedures regarding all target groups (students, parents, teachers, local authorities...).
-communication (national and international)
Additionally, i am used to working with ICT for long distance learning
The practical use of ICT in my work related to the following
Lekaki Styliani 02.06.2009 13:59
The practical use of ICT in my work related to the following:
I use the ICT in Kesyp of Heraklion in order to:
1. Take and send mails
2. Search and retrieve information from the Internet about all structures of education
and Studies in Higher Education (Universities, curricula, professional rights, etc.)
3. Contact via the intranet network «Nestoras» to School Career Guidance Offices and the Centers for Counseling and Guidance in the country.
4. Make presentations in Power-Point form as a tool in order to inform teachers, students or student’s parents.
5. Use personality tests during the procession of self-consciousness as a way of deducting useful results for the student’s personality.
6. Keep data after interviewing students
In my daily guidance practice I use technology in order to:
- Communicate by using e-mail
- Keep data
- Search in Internet for
-Documents of public interest related to education
-Studies, educational opportunities. post-gratuate studies
-Articles on issues related to carrer guidance
- Contact via intranet network NESTOR to school career guidance offices and centers for Counseling and guidance in the country
- Inform, during counselling process, students and parents about educational challenges, post secondary education, employment trends, e.t.c.
- Create presentations in Power-point form in order to inform students, parents and teachers on issues ralated to career guidance
The use of technology is nesesary for our daily job.
We are using e-mails for our contact through the organization, search the web for informations and informing our web site and specially our link " job guidance"
1. Please, describe how you are currently using technology in your
SOFIA KAGIOGLOU 04.06.2009 12:16
The use of new technologies is vital for our daily work.
The direct access to several web sites is helpful so as to have direct information about actions that are conducted by other authorities and, in general, access to knowledge. Through e-mail, communication between counselors who serve all over the country is really fast. This is the most common way of communication including the usage of telephone.
Furthermore the existence of our web site is very helpful to our citizens. In our website every internet user/person can visit the link “Job Guidance” “where they can find information about job monographs aiming to a better knowledge before their job choice”. Also it is a very helpful tool for the counselor in practicing professional guidance.
In my daily practice I use technology in order to:
1. search via internet and retrieve information about studies (university departments etc)
2. contact via the intranet network «Nestor» to other School Career Guidance Offices
3. be informed about new laws or other official material
4. communicate via e-mail
5. make presentations in PowerPoint
6. produce printed material about educational opportunities
7. use personality tests
8. update the content of my office’s web site
My daily use of ICT concerns :
1. contacting with clients ( unemployed or bussinessmen) by the telephone.
2. using the intranet network of the organization in order to keep data of the interviews given by the unemployed or to search for unemployed with certain qualifications and match them to a certain job.
3. finding information about greek or local labor market and career opportunities via educational, national or government web-sites.
4. finding job monographs and information about studies, university departments via the network ''Nestor''.
My experience from using tecnology in my job focused to the following:
1. use e-mail to contact with the organization and the clients,
2. using sites on career guidance,
3. general practitioners for guidance
Vocational Guidance in Children with Special Difficulties
Angeliki Kappou, KEDDY Fthiotis 05.06.2009 11:50
I am working at KEDDY of Fthiotis (Centre of Diaforodiagnosis, Diagnosis and Support). I usually see pupils of 12-18 years with special difficulties and I sometimes offer them vocational guidance services in order to help them to make the better educational and vocational decisions, to find the jobs they desire to act and they fit with their vocational profile or the school that is suitable to their needs.
I am using technology in my guidance practise in order to:
1. Give tests for the investigation of the occupational interests, working values, mechanical and mathematical abilities etc.
2. Search information from the Internet about educational system, General and Technical Education, educational opportunities in Greece or abroad, University departments and post graduate studies, professional rights etc.
3. Create power-point presentations in order to inform students, parents and teachers on issues related to career guidance
The use of new technologies turns out to be vital for the effective counseling intervention during our daily practice. Specifically, Internet’s use provide us the capability of direct access to training material and information, such as opportunities for training, activities of educational purpose, educational systems, and business information such as leaflets of occupational description, systems of occupational classification and topics in general concerning job postings. Indeed, the Employment Organization (OAED), in facilitating the citizens on professional information, has put on leaflets of occupational description where someone is able to have better information when making business decisions, while planning the development of systems for occupational orientation through personal computer.
In my work the combuter consist an importan tool because we record people's qualities that search for work, their dexterities, but we also draw information with the help of the world web on their briefing off issues:
In my daily practice I specialize in individual counseling. The use of technology lies in extracting information on occupations, education and prospects for jobs. Furthermore, using the Internet to maintain contact with the consulting, for the feedback and guidance. Under the advisory group, the technology used to maintain the interest of consulting with presentation slides and video, while maintaining the unity of the group to exchange views online.
In my daily guidance practice, I use technology in order to:
1. search and retrieve information from the internet about documents of public interest related to education, studies, educational opportunities, professional rights etc.
2. communicate with colleagues, students, parents, etc.
3.produce educational material.
Mara Mazaraki, Counseling and orientation Center of Patras (KESYP Patras) – Greece 08.06.2009 03:48
Technology is rapidly evolving and as a result our benefits from that fact could and should be increasing as time passes by and technological progress rises.
For the time being technology usage in my daily practice includes the following:
-Search via internet and retrieve information about subjects related to education, studies, post-graduate studies, educational opportunities, career guidance, University Departments either in Greece or abroad.
-Communicate via e-mails with colleagues, students, teachers, parents, etc.
-Contact via the intranet network «Nestoras» to School Career Guidance Offices and the Centers for Counseling and Guidance
in the country.
-Produce printed material for educational purposes.
-Create power-point presentations related to career guidance information.
-Use personality tests.
-E-twining, e-learning ...
I hope that technology usage would affect more our efforts and maximize the effects of our work.
The practical use of ICT in my daily guidance practice is focused on:
1. sending and receiving e-mails
2. searching and retrieving information about new tehnics and tools about vocational guidance
3. searching documents of public interest related to education and employment (laws, changes in the educational system...)
4. searching studies or articles related to vocational counselling to acquisite and upgrade my skills
5. searching information especially in University Departments related to their organization and their study programs.
In general terms, the use of ICT in my daily guidance practise is vital. Without the use of ICT I feel inefficient because of the constant changes especially in lifelong education and the educational system in my country.
Counceling centre and otientation of the ministery of Education -Lesvos island
We ate currently using for guidance and counceling matterial nof the educational institute that we were given a year ago and it includes assesment of vallues,interests,decision making and completing a task.